Monday, May 23, 2011

Just over a month

Wow! It has been a while since I have been on here! I can't believe we are a little more than a month away from leaving for Swaziland! Wow! How scary, but yet such a blessing and a privilege! Please continue prayers for us and the rest of the team. Jeavon and I are still about $2,000.00 short of the amount we need for the final payment, which is due June 1. I know God will provide as He has this whole time! We are so blessed! I am so thankful we have this opportunity. At times I feel so excited about the trip and then there are others times I can feel very anxious, especially when I think about all that needs to be done and all the unknowns.
It's amazing looking back and just seeing God's hand in all of this. There were so many times we thought we would not be able to go, but God has been providing every step of the way and I know He won't stop now. :)
I am on the craft team for this mission trip. I will be working with a few others to do some crafts for the kids and to teach the women a new craft. How exciting! I love doing crafts! :) Looks like we will be doing beading for the kids and we will be teaching the women either how to crochet a bag or a necklace. How fun!
It's hard right now for me to share my thoughts as I have no idea what to expect. I'm sure there will be plenty to say when I get back, though. :) I just know this is such an awesome opportunity and I feel so blessed to be able to be a part of this! Thank you to all of you who have been such a support for us (in prayers or financially)! We are very blessed! We look forward to sharing pictures and stories with you all when we get back! What a blessing! :)

Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment