Thursday, June 2, 2011

A New Look

I have had lots to think about lately..... I can't believe we are so close to leaving. Before we know it we will be boarding a plane for Africa! Wow! It's hard to put in words how I am feeling right now. I feel scared, overwhelmed, excited, and so many other feelings! It's really happening?!? Wow! I am so blessed to have this opportunity to be able to go and minister to others in another country. The thing is, I think I will be ministered to so much more than I will be ministering to them. I know I have so much to learn and this will be a huge learning lesson for me.
I have found myself grumbling and complaining a lot lately. It can become a bit stressful when you need a lot more money to go on this trip and you don't have it all. Because of this and many other things I have found myself complaining. Jeavon is self-employed with a brand new business and I work part time. Things have been tight, but God has provided. I have found myself complaining because I can't get all the food I think we need. I have complained because God isn't bringing in the money we need for Africa. So sad, I know. But God has put me in check this week. And like I said I have so much to learn that I will learn in Africa. When I was complaining (to myself) earlier this week, the children in Africa came to my mind. They would be so grateful for a quarter of what I have! And I complain because I don't have the "right" food in the house. I guess even before going I am learning to be a little more grateful for what I have. We have plenty of food in the house, nice comfy beds, a warm house, all our bills are paid and we have so much more than we even need! We are blessed! The thing about me complaining about God not providing the money we need for this trip....... God has shown me that He is. It just may not be the way I would have done it. :) So, I am trying to change my heart and focus right now and just be more thankful.
Please continue praying for us as I know this will be difficult for us. This won't be an easy trip, but such a rewarding one! It will be so worth it and I am so thankful that I am able to go! What a blessing to be able to go half way around the world to make a difference, but also for others to make a difference in my life. I will be such a different person when I come back. I pray that my focus is changed even more. Thank you for your prayers and support! God is so great and we are so blessed! I look forward to sharing with you more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment