Thursday, June 30, 2011

Distractions

Wow! We are now only six days away from leaving for Swaziland! I have so much on my mind. It's hard sometimes to put all my thoughts down here, because I can feel so overwhelmed.
Today has been a very busy day and none of it has had to do with preparing for Swaziland. Let me start with I feel like Satan is working hard on both Jeavon and me right now. That should not be surprising as I know God has big plans for all of us while we are in Swaziland. Please be praying for us and our whole team as Satan will try to bring us all down and distract us from what we need to be focusing on. It has been so hard to focus on our trip lately because I have let myself get distracted in so many ways. I have realized this and am trying to spend more time with God and get my focus right. So many things can be a distraction, even good things. So, I am needing to leave everything at God's feet and just focus on Him! That is what matters! So, please be praying with me as I strive to keep my focus on God and not on the circumstances around me.
One main distraction today was that I had to take Eleazar to the doctor's office. It was a good thing I went now and not even closer to the time we leave. However, I was gone all afternoon and that was a distraction. However, I was also able to spend so much wonderful time with my Heavenly Father! I loved it and was able to just focus on Him and listen to what He had to say to me. To be honest it was a wonderful afternoon in spite of the circumstances. I couldn't help but notice some of the awesome songs playing on the radio while I drove all over the place. Forgive me as I am not good at remembering names of songs. But this one song stuck out to me. I think it may be called Beautiful things (or something like that). Anyway, the chorus goes like this:

You make Beautiful things
You make Beautiful things
Out of the dust
You make Beautiful things
You make Beautiful things
Out of Us

I couldn't help but think about Africa when I heard this song. I know we will see and experience many difficult things, but I want to remember in the midst of it all that God makes BEAUTIFUL things! He has made the wonderful African children and they are BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to hug on them and just show God's love! I'm sure this song will come to mind often while experiencing things over there. I also know this song will be hard at times to think of or sing, as it won't always seem that way when I see some of the heart breaking things over there. But I pray that I will see the BEAUTIFUL in spite of the awful, heart breaking circumstances. God makes Beautiful things and I have heard that in spite of circumstances, these people are BEAUTIFUL! I look forward to sharing more with you about their BEAUTY when I am back.
So I am thankful for this time I was able to have with God this afternoon. It was good and gave me much needed time with God. I am so thankful for this opportunity! I can't believe we are only 6 days away! And I am getting SO excited! :) God bless you all!

Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment